so my hawaii/japan pen-pal project is finally underway. YAY! fought through bureaucratic shit to get this off the ground. ^_^ I am now looking over the self-intro letters (which i'm being forced to correct but kind of want to scan the originals and send those to the hawaii students). The engrish is so cute and amusing- don't you agree?
*most of these are responses to pre-letter-writing assignments
☛My favorite subject is English. Because Each of English vocabulary has many meaning. It is very interesting for me to understand the profundity of English.
☛I don't like mathematics. Because I am slow at figures.
☛I don't like mathematics. Because I'm not good at the logical idea.
☛My father's birthday is January 24. I want to present leather shoes on father's birthday. Because leather shoes that father is using are awful and tattered.
☛Hi. My name is___. I'm 16 years old. I have three people in my family. I have a brother. My brotehr is 21 years old. He is a colledge student. We are getting along very well with each other. But I wanted to have a sister. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
--These next excerpts are from the same boy. He is adorable.
☛P.E. is liker than any other subject. Because I like play sports. Especially I like track & field. I'm good at hurdle. Because I run hurdles everyday. And I want to be a P.E. teacher in junior high school or high scool in the future.
☛I don't like music. Because I can't read a score. So, I can't play a musical instrument.
☛I'm from Fukuoka. I have a brother. His name is "Atsushi." My birth day is December 5. I go to school by train and walk everyday. Where you from? How many do you have brother and sister? Is it name? When your barthday?
☛I will introduce my friend Rui. He is very fast sprinter. and he has nice face. His work is high school students. He likes food is "fried rice, chicken and rice casserole and tomato. He lives in Koga. He said me "Koga is very good town."
☛My friend's birthday is June 24th. I will give him track and field spike. Because his spike is broken. One day I find nice spike. It is very cool, a high faction spike. and nice color. But It is very expensive. So I may be not able to buy it.
☛My hobby is cycling by my bike. Because it is very interesting and feels good. But my bicycle is a flat tire in a while. So I'm sad. Why don't you cycling? It may be diet.
☛Have you ever eaten a flog [frog]?
☛I have belonged to track and field club. there were many people in the club. I play 110 meter hurdle and 4x100 meter relay. It is very interesting and very exciting. We had been goaling "All Japan junior high school championship and Junior Olympic championship. So This club's consciousness is higher.
☛You are invited Kumi's party! My name is Y__. This party is host. You can take interesting goods and you may take camera. Because you may take a interesting photo. This party will start at p.m.3.
☛I should do my homework now. Because my homework has not finished yet. And I have to clearn my room. Because my room is dirty. So Father say me "Clear up your room!"
☛My miss is not finished homework. I should have done homework then. So I may have done hardships.
☛I like "All my treasures" for Oda Yuji. Because He is nice gay [guy?]. and he is tasteful! This song sang in 2007 Osaka track and field world championship. And It sang in 2009 Berlin track and field world championship. When I listened the music, I moved.
☛*A self-made conversation between A & B:
A: Hello
B: Hello
A: What are you doing?
B: I running around the Imperial Palace.
A: Oh...I want to run together.
B. Ok.
A: See you.
☛Q: What are you doing next Sunday?
A: I will more sleep next Sunday. Because I'm very sleepy everyday. It is called "charge."
And finally: his self-introduction letter...
Hi!
My name is YF. My age is 16 and my birthday is December 5. When your birthday? I belong to Track and Field club in my high school. I run 110 meter hurdle. This competition is very difficult. but very exciting! I have one brother. his age is 13. He plays baseball everyday. I also have a turtle. She is very interesting. Do you have brother or sister?
I live in Munakata city. There is the "Munakata Taisya". This temple is very wonderful place. Where you live? From my house, it takes me about 40 minutes to bike, train and walk to school. How do you usually go to school? Are there like a temple in Hawaii? In my free time, I like watching TV. I usually watch Japan probaseball games. And I play baseball. I used to play baseball. So I like baseball very well. What do you usually do in your free time?
Are the kids not the cutest?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment