Assignment ("Talking about feelings")- 1st years: talk about something that made you happy, sad, embarassed, [insert other adjective here]. Use the key expression "this made/makes me ____".
Response: ""talking about feeling" was very difficult. My classmates could wrote it. But I couldn't wrote it. It made me annoy.""
Response: "Since yesterday I have been very hungry. Because I didn't eat anything. My mother didn't make dinner. And I was furious with her. This made me despair."
Response: "Mr. Sera is nice friend. He has gentle eyes. It make me happy."
Assignment- 3rd years: Write 3-5 sentences about a memorable experience.
Response: "Afterwards we went to eat yakiniku at West. We ate to much meet and rice, ice, furuts. My most favorite foods is ice into zenzai. It was new discover. You are let's try!" :)
Response: "My most memorable (experience is my) first kiss. Because it is important first kiss. I was thirteen years old. My most funny friend with talk. Because, it is exciting Love Story. ♥Love is Great♥!"
Assignment/activity- 1st years- Ask your friends about their favorite things. Write the answers in the table below.
Responses:
Favorite foods
- storovery
- ice--I was like...eating disorder? Apparently "ice" or "aisu" in Japanese refers to ice cream, popsicles, sorbet, etcetc.
- prin (pudding)
- atsuage (me: 'how do you say that in English?', *blank stare, me: 'fried tofu', student writes: 'flied tofu'
- carry and lice
- canedy
- choko, pan, apporu (sometimes my students think it is acceptable English to write in Romanji because it is English letters)
Favorite animal: locust (MAJIDE!!!???- ie "WTF, SERIOUSLY??")
Favorite sport: balleeball
Assignment- 2nd years: compare you interests/favorites/things you want to do with a friend
Response: "i want to be in a future a president, but miyamoto wants to be a god"
Assignment- 3rd years: Answer the question "Why do you (not) want to learn English?"
Response: "I want to learn English to marry a white man and have mixed babies." le sigh.
*from another ALT friend's student:::
Assignment: You have just arrived in America and are being asked questions at the airport. Question: "Why did you want to come to America?"
Response: "I came here to buy cocaine."
Assignment- 1st years- [as part of a larger activity]- come up with an original question to ask your peers.
Original Question: "Are you tensai?" ie are you genius?;;; "Are you woman?" o___O
Assignment: "What are you looking forward to this year?"
Response: "Making a girlfriend"
...oooh the kids.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.
ReplyDeletethat is all. <3