Friday, June 18, 2010

a random assortment

Already getting nervous about the reverse culture shock I will inevitably experience when I leave Fukuoka (whenever that may be). But optimistically, that just signifies me loving life here so happy days!

On another note, the other day, I went to a bookstore with a pretty good selection of books written in English. Heaven. In addition to actual literature (esp. by Japanese authors), I am lusting over several cooking/baking (Harumi's everyday cooking, etcetc), street art (Banksy), and street style-related books. Must.Resist.


--and speaking of street art:: saw this a while ago but never posted it. guerilla art!!
http://nylonmag.com/nylonblogs/blog/2010/05/19/bad-idea-or-good-idea-guerilla-art-project/

http://www.wonderhowto.com/wonderment/cyclists-art-attack-streets-berlin-guerilla-style-0115861/


also into this blog for street art (this is possibly the first of many posts to come in which i share with you glimpses of the billions [ok, exaggeration] of blogs i frequent)::
http://woostercollective.com/


Ps- amazing cooking adventure wiht h: bruschetta, crispy toasty baguette, thyme/garlic/salt/pepper steak, oregano/garlic/olive oil baked potato slices, salad, tea/milk. Consumed while watching the footy (ie world cup). Best. Night. Ever.

Also: this blog is hilarious...Engrish: it never gets old::: http://brog.engrish.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment