Wednesday, June 23, 2010

cycle chic

The other day I was walking with h from the train station for our weekly adventures in cookery. I often see my students while h/i are together in fukuma and they either 1) ignore me/look away, 2) say hi, 3) smile, 4) any combination of the above. But life has an amazing sense of humor and allows me to find awkward/hilarious moments everywhere I turn.

Exhibit A:

So we're walking/holding hands and I see my student riding his bicycle parallel to us on the opposite side of the rode. I'm like, "is that one of my kids?' and sure enough, he starts smiling in recognition. Okay. That would've been normal. But no. This kid keeps riding his bicycle, looking back at us about 10 times with the biggest smile on his face. He proceeds to stop behind a vending machine because he was getting too far ahead of us and, when we approached, he started cycling again...smiles/head turning and all.

Oh my students are so おもしろい! I feel like if I were in his situation, I'd just take a peek, make a mental note, and run away in the opposite direction so as not to bump into a teacher outside of school hours. Apparently, my student doesn't think like me.

Ps- still nurturing a bicycle obsession. Love. Also, Tenjin has some beautiful people riding/parking beautiful bicycles. So cycle chic. Speaking of which: blog. I particularly like the photos tagged under Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment