*artwork by Audrey Kawasaki. obsessed.i also came home to find a (baby?) bat hanging out on the ceiling of my stairwell. i ran into my apartment. next morning: gone. where did it go? o__O

today, I worked on an activity for the second years (ie juniors). my JTE and I are going to have the students read situations and practice the grammar pattern "you should (have) ______". i'm supposed to make up with fml situations for students to give advice about. unfortunately for me, these are all true.

situations:
1) Last weekend, I had some free time so I decided to clean my apartment. I washed dishes, did laundry, and even hung my futon outside. I felt very productive. But when I woke up the next morning, I heard the sound of rain. I ran outside but it was too late. My futon were all wet!
2) I don't like mosquitoes. Last night, I killed 3 mosquitoes in my apartment. But they had already bitten me. So now I am very itchy. [clarification: every night, i have been killing mosquitoes. they even wake me up at night and i am left feeling stupid as i blindly swat my body in the hopes of killing the little wenches. sometimes i leave their corpses around as a warning to the others. 'the others' apparently do not give a shit.

3) My younger sister and I planted seeds to grow flowers. We checked them everyday after school to see how fast they were growing. My sister's flowers were growing faster than mine and I was jealous. So I picked some of her flowers out of the soil and threw them away. When my mom found out, she was very upset with me. [clarification: i actually made the sis cry/tattle on me, at which point i denied knowing anything about the death of her seedlings. mysterious! my mother was unamused]
4) I decided not to buy an a.c./heater for my apartment because it was expensive. So my apartment was very cold this winter. I could even see my breath! Everyday after coming home, I would run to my kotatsu and stay under it until I had to take a shower or sleep. I'm glad it is warmer now.


No comments:
Post a Comment